Levee is now open for submissions year-round! Each month we have 100 free submissions available via Submittable. We try to respond to all submissions within 3 months. If you are interested in an expedited response time, we offer Tip Jar submissions for poetry and prose that receive a response within 7 days.
- No minimum word count. Roughly 8,000 maximum word count for prose.
- Number your pages.
- Submit a cover letter with your contact information included.
- We encourage simultaneous submissions, but please let us know in your cover letter if it is a simultaneous submission. If your piece is accepted elsewhere, please let us know ASAP, and congratulations!
- Anticipate waiting 3-4 months to hear back from us, though we’ll try to reach out well before the 3-month mark (we’re writers ourselves, we know no one likes to wait 3 months, but we can’t make any promises for speedy response times).
- If you have not heard a response after 4 months, you can email us with the header “Submission Status” and we’ll be happy to let you know about the status of your submission.
- If you publish with us, you will receive a complimentary copy of the issue your piece is in.
For an insight into our preferences, check out the "Submit" tab on the Levee website.