Help support us to support you!
Tip Jar submissions help us keep our publication afloat and growing. We keep Tip Jar submissions open year-round with a guaranteed expedited response, which means no matter the time of year we will send you a publication decision within a week (7 days) of submission, whereas the free submission responses can be more erratic with regards to response time.
Other than the $3/$5/$10 fee to make it happen and the guaranteed response time, our requirements for expedited submissions are the same as free submissions, which are as follows:
- No minimum word count. Roughly 8,000 words maximum.
- Number your pages.
- Submit a cover letter with your contact information included.
- We encourage simultaneous submissions, but please let us know in your cover letter if it is a simultaneous submission. If your piece is accepted elsewhere, please let us know ASAP, and congratulations!
- If you have not heard a response after a week, you can email us with the header “Submission Status” and we’ll be happy to let you know about the status of your submission.
- If you publish with us, you will receive a complimentary copy of the issue your piece is in.
For an insight into our preferences, check out the "Submit" tab on the Levee website.